Most Popular Posts

Monday 8 August 2011

How To Import duplicate drivers under different packages In SCCM 2007

I am currently working on building seperate Win 7 driver packages for all of our hardware and one of my colleagues came across an issue where he couldnt import a driver for a Toshiba Tecra A11 because it existed in another package.
I did some reading about how SCCM handles drivers and differentiates between them and wondered if adding an extra file into the folder would be enough to convince SCCM that it was different.

So, I added a file without an extension called "Toshiba Tecra A11 Windows 7 x64 N6200 Driver" and ran the import again and it worked!

Its not ideal and please tell me if there is a better way to do this , but it works beautifully :)

EDIT: I have just been informed by the fantastic Steve Beaumont that there IS a better way to do this, there is a hotfix available from Microsoft that allows you to import duplicate drivers:
Get the hotfix here

No comments:

Post a Comment