Most Popular Posts

Sunday 17 April 2011

No mapping between account names and security IDs was done!

Sunday morning and I am busy setting up a SQL 2008 R2 in a VM but get this error message when trying to add in my service accounts, I checked and double checked the accounts, passwords etc with no luck and then wondered was it something to do with the fact that I had cloned these Virtual machines?.....

I then ran psgetsid.exe on my SQL server and DC and found the problem... duplicate machine Sids :'(

Moral of the story is always use sysprep before cloning a VM :)
which is really obvious when you think about it, oh well...

2 comments:

  1. Always keep a set of jumper cables in your car if you think the battery is not in a supreme condition. Jumper cables let you jump start your vehicle with the help of another car. lithium battery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without regular cleaning a house can succumb to damage that is preventable. Damage results from dust causing wooden floors to fall apart and compromising the quality of electric appliances. почистване на апартамент цени

    ReplyDelete