Most Popular Posts

Tuesday 13 November 2012

MAP Error SP_Smoothen_Timeseries


When trying to refresh the inventory assessment within MAP 7.0 I was getting the message "Failed" so I checked through the log located in

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit\bin\log

I found that a stored procedure was being retried a total of 3 times and ultimately causing the refresh to fail. The error I saw in the log was this:

onSqlExceptionMessage = Caught SqlException running the stored procedure sp_smoothen_timeseries


I googled "sp_smoothen_timeseries" and found absolutely nothing, the fix actually has nothing at all to do with this stored procedure, the fix is very simple. In the log I saw that the 3 times that this SP was being executed it was running for exactly 30 minutes, like a timeout value was set somewhere.....hmmmm

A bit of googling later and I found that in the "bin" folder (see above) there is a AppConfigInfo.xml file that contains a line name "SqlCommandTimeout" with a default value of 1800 seconds (30 minutes!). So I changed this value to something a lot larger and the refresh completed successfully

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment